Din Tai Fung Black Pepper Beef
How to prepare your Black Pepper Beef:
- Thaw out the Beef cubes in the fridge overnight.
- In a clean deep pan, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 1 inch high, or just enough for deep frying. Heat the oil over medium heat until the temperature reaches 170 C, for around 15-18 minutes.Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. If the oil steadily bubbles around the utensil, it should be ready. If bubbling is too vigorous, oil is too hot.
- Deep fry the beef cubes until medium well, for around 3 minutes. If needed, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Shake off excess oil and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Heat the sauce in a pan over medium heat (for around 3 minutes), or in the microwave just until warmed through (for around 45 seconds).
- Pour the sauce over the fried beef cubes and toss until beef is well coated.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.