Din Tai Fung Fried Pork Chop
How to prepare your Fried Pork Chop:
- Thaw out the Pork Chop in the fridge overnight.
- In a clean deep pan, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 1-2 inches high, or just enough for deep frying. Heat the oil over medium heat until the temperature reaches 170 C, for around 15-18 minutes. Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. If the oil steadily bubbles around the utensil, it should be ready. If bubbling is too vigorous, oil is too hot.
- Deep fry the Pork Chop until evenly light brown in color, for around 2 minutes. If needed, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Transfer the Pork Chop to a plate lined with tissue to absorb the excess oil.
- Pat down the pork chop with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Cut the Pork Chop into desired number of slices and lightly dust the pork chop with ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.