Din Tai Fung Golden Prawn Cake w/ Sweet Chili
How to prepare your Golden Prawn Cake:
- In a clean deep pan, pour your choice of cooking oil to around 1-2 inches high, or just enough for deep frying. Heat the oil in medium heat until the temperature reaches 170C, around 15-18 minutes. Note: If without a thermometer, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick into oil. If the oil steadily bubbles around the utensil, it should be ready. If bubbling is too vigorous, oil is too hot.
- Gently remove each piece of the frozen Golden Prawn Cake from the bag and carefully place each piece in the hot cooking oil. If needed, fry in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Fry each piece until golden brown, for around 2 ½ minutes per side.
- Transfer Golden Prawn Cake to a plate lined with tissue to absorb the excess oil. Wipe off excess oil if needed.
- Transfer to a clean chopping board and cut as desired.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with the Din Tai Fung Chili Sauce.